It’s here, it’s here!
The shortlist comprises of:
- The Sport of Kings by C.E. Morgan. If you aren’t mesmerised by the cover of this book – you need to be!
- The Dark Circle by Linda Grant – I am so glad this is shortlisted. A fantastic book.
- Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo. A deeply emotional read.
- The Power by Naomi Alderman. This my favourite so far!
- First Love by Gwendoline Riley. I found this quite an uncomfortable read but not surprised it is shortlisted.
- Do Not Say We Have Nothing by Madeline Thein. I still have my signed book from the Man Booker shortlist last year so looking forward to getting round to reading this one this month.
Have any of you read the shortlisted novels? Which are your favourites? Any one care to put a punt on a winner yet?
Perhaps the biggest surprise is seeing some established authors not making it to the shortlist (e.g. Margaret Atwood with Hag-Seed). I am also surprised Little Deaths by Emma Flint hasn’t made it just due to the amount of wonderful reviews I have seen of it (I haven’t read it myself yet).
You can read more about the shortlisted novels on the Bailey’s Women’s Prize For Fiction’s website.
Thanks for reading – I hope you enjoyed it!